“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” ~Albert Einstein
I enjoy creating physical and virtual spaces and reasons for like-minded people to meet; I bring people together around technology, entrepreneurial, cultural, and social media events; I create leading industry associations; and I help businesses and non-profit organizations develop their own communities. Here’s my bio. My activities include:
- Teaching and delivering public speaking engagements at conferences.
- Developing workshops for corporations, non-profit organizations, and small business owners.
- Advising startups and mentoring entrepreneurs.
- Organizing technology events including BarCamp Miami, Social Media Day South Florida, and Ignite Miami.
- Running Social Media Club South Florida, a professional marketing association with 5,000 members online. (I am also a founding member of RefreshMiami.)
- Serving on the advisory board of educational, non-profit, and cultural organizations.
I am the co-author of “Securing The Clicks: Network Security in the Age of Social Media“, published by McGraw-Hill.
An Insead MBA, I speak English, French, Portuguese, Spanish and Finnish.
A few more things about me:
- My father is Brazilian, my mother is Finnish and I was born in France.
- My father was a diplomat, so we moved every two or three years. Among the places I’ve lived are Ghana, Russia, Brazil, the UK, France, Portugal, and different cities in the US. Social media didn’t exist in my youth, so it was harder to keep in touch with friends!
- I intentionally lost 57 lbs in just a few months by observing long fasts; my transformational story is here.
- Photography is a passion of mine.