“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” ~Albert Einstein
I enjoy organizing and bringing people together around technology, entrepreneurial, cultural, and social media events; creating and leading industry associations; and helping businesses and non-profit organizations develop their own communities.
Following Einstein’s advice in the quote above, I like to keep moving by creating new things, by traveling, and by:
- Helping businesses succeed through better branding, marketing, and social media projects.
- Teaching and delivering public speaking engagements at conferences.
- Developing workshops and training for corporations, non-profit organizations, and small business owners.
- Advising and mentoring startup projects, including Feynlabs and The Countdown Institute.
- Organizing technology events including BarCampMiami, Social Media Day, and Ignite Miami.
- Running Social Media Club South Florida, a professional marketing association with over 4,000 members online. (I am also a founding member of RefreshMiami and MobileMondayMiami.)
- Serving on the advisory board of the FIU School of Journalism and Mass Communication, where I help develop digital and social media curriculum and courses.
- Helping non-profit and cultural organizations, primarily by serving on the board of directors of the New Leaders Council and at Life is Art.
I am the co-author of “Securing The Clicks: Network Security in the Age of Social Media“, published by McGraw-Hill. An Insead MBA, I speak English, French, Portuguese, Spanish and Finnish.
A few more things about me:
- My father is Brazilian, my mother is Finnish and I was born in France.
- My father was a diplomat, so we moved every two or three years. Among the places I’ve lived are Ghana, Russia, Brazil, the UK, France, Portugal, and different cities in the US. My only regret is that social media didn’t exist in my youth, so it was harder to keep in touch with friends after each move!
- On a more personal note, somehow I managed to gain a lot of weight after moving to the US, so some years ago I intentionally lost 57 lbs in just a few months by observing long fasts; that transformational story is here.
- Photography is a passion.